The Okra Strut Festival Policy & Procedures
Please read the policies and procedures guidelines very carefully.
All policies and procedures will be enforced.
In addition to Okra Strut Policies and Procedures, all participants are required to comply with State, County and local codes and regulations.
Food vendors will be subject to inspection by DHEC and the Irmo Fire Marshall.
- COMPLETION PROCESS – Application must be completed, signed, and returned by the deadline indicated and must include all non-refundable fees (unless applicant is not accepted for participation).
- CONFIRMATION OF ACCEPTANCE – If accepted for participation, a confirmation will be mailed containing check-in time, your space number, map, and other applicable
- NOTIFICATION OF REJECTION – If applicant is not accepted for participation, a notice explaining the reason for rejection and a refund check will be mailed to applicant
- PHOTO – All NEW APPLICANTS must provide a photo of their unit with their application. Photos will NOT be returned. This includes arts and crafts, food, and amusements, and commercial and non-profit
- CHECK-IN and SET-UP PROCEDURES for THURSDAY, FRIDAY and SATURDAY
- FRIDAY VENDORS – may access the site and set-up between 8:00 AM and 2:00 PM as early as Wednesday. Only FOOD or AMUSEMENT vendors will be permitted to SET-UP early during these hours. All vehicles, trailers or other large objects must be removed from the site by 5:00 PM. Only approved support and supply vehicles will be permitted to remain on the festival site. Vehicles may access the site after 11:00 PM when it is safe to do
- CHECK-IN and SET-UP PROCEDURES for THURSDAY, FRIDAY and SATURDAY
****NOTE: Artists, Crafters and Exhibitors may set-up on Friday for additional fee between 2 pm and 4 pm all vehicles will be removed by 5 pm.
- SATURDAY VENDORS – may access the site and set-up between 7:00 – 9:00 am. All vehicles, trailers or other large objects must be removed from the site by 9:30 AM. Only approved support and supply vehicles will be permitted to remain on the festival site. Vehicles may access the site after 10:00 PM or when safe to do Vendor spaces in the WOODS will keep vehicles behind their space. Vendors on Pavement will remove vehicles to offsite parking and ride shuttle back when available.
ANY PARTICIPANT WHO FAILS TO ARRIVE DURING THE CHECK-IN TIME WILL BE CONSIDERED A NO SHOW AND THE SPACE MAY BE RE-ASSIGNED
- SPACE ASSIGNMENT – Participants are assigned a space with a corresponding ID number. Participant cannot sublet, assign, or donate their space in whole or part without permission of festival
- UNIT OPERATION AND SALES – Unit must be operational during official festival hours. PARTICIPANT WILL BE PERMITTED TO SELL OR GIVE AWAY APPROVED ITEMS ONLY. Food, beverage and amusement vendors will be required to accept CASH
- PRIVILEGE FEE – For Food Vendors Only: Will be determined by the number of items on your menu. This will be a declining rate with fees per item decreasing as they go up. 1-5 items - $350.00 5-10 items - $450.00 More than 10 items - $550.00
- UNIT OPERATION AND SALES – Participants will be provided with a space approximately (12’) front by (12’) in depth.
- SIGNAGE – Participants are responsible for signage. Signage must be contained within assigned
- CLEAN UP – Each participant must clean up his/her designed area during the day with a final clean up at the end of the day. Trash and recycling receptacles will be on
- TAXES – Participant is responsible for SC sales tax, if applicable. It is the participants responsibility to file the necessary forms with the SC Tax Commission. For tax information, call (803) 737-4788.
- SAFETY – All participants must comply with all fire and safety guidelines explained in the confirmation
- FOOD SALES – The sale of food or beverage products is strictly limited to approved food
- PRODUCT/SERVICE EXCLUSIVITY - No participant will be granted exclusivity of products, business or
- RESTRICTED SALES/GIVE-AWAY ITEMS – The sale of the following items is strictly prohibited: any type of GLOW PRODUCTS, SILLY STRING OR SIMILAR PRODUCTS, OR ALCOHOLIC
- ELECTRICAL SERVICE – Electrical service is limited and is therefore not guaranteed and must be requested at time of application. If service is provided by the Festival, it will be indicated on your
- SECURITY – Overnight security is provided on the festival site. However, festival management cannot be responsible for lost merchandise or material due to theft or vandalism.
- LIABILITY – Neither the Irmo Okra Strut Commission, The Town of Irmo, Richland nor Lexington Counties nor any of their representatives, employees, agents, patrons, guest, or sponsors shall be liable for any loss of damage to the property of any participant due to fire, robbery, accident, or other cause that may arise from participant’s use or occupancy of participant’s assigned space during the
- INSURANCE – All participants shall be responsible for liability insurance and must provide a CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE FROM THEIR INSURANCE CARRIER. Vendors will not be accepted if this certificate is not
- REFUNDS – No participant refunds will be made due to inclement weather. Space fees are refundable only if applicant is not accepted to
- REMOVAL - Festival officials reserve the right to close down and remove any participant that is not adhering to festival policies and procedures, deemed obnoxious or performing activities not in keeping with festival tradition. This includes selling or giving away items that have not been approved by the okra strut commission to sell or give away. In addition to the policies and procedures outlined in Section 1-4, the following policies and procedures apply to food and amusement
- IRMO FIRE MARSHAL & DHEC - The Irmo Fire Marshal and a representative from DHEC will inspect all food ***FOOD VENDORS ARE REQUIRED TO BE SET-UP BY 4:00 PM FRIDAY FOR DHEC INSPECTION. You may not sell any food before the official opening of the festival at 5:00 PM on Friday.
- CLEANUP – Participant must provide appropriate grease storage containers and must not dispose of grease on the festival site. Violating vendors will be fined additional cleaning charges after a closing
- MENU SIGNAGE – Participants must provide and display a sign indicating the price for each approved sales
- SERVICE AND PREPARATION – Participant must comply with all DHEC sanitation and fire safety guidelines. Bottles and glass containers are not permitted, and participant is encouraged to use recyclable materials. All participants utilizing cooking equipment are required to have a fire extinguisher readily available
- ICE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE ON THE FESTIVAL SITE. Check the box on your application if you will be taking advantage of this. This is for your convenience but is not mandatory. You will be responsible for transporting ice to your booth.
- LAKE MURRAY WOMEN CLUB – will have exclusive rights to the sale of fried okra in conjunction with the
- WATER – Vendor water service will be available at limited
- BEVERAGES – Alcoholic beverages will be sold exclusively by the festival. Food vendors may sell approved non- alcoholic beverages or bottled drinks obtained only from official festival beverage sales. Bottled water may be available free of charge from some sponsors or craft fair
- FOOD & AMUSEMENTS INSURANCE COVERAGE IF ACCEPTED, proof of insurance coverage must be submitted in the form of a Certificate of Insurance from applicant’s insurance company. Applicant must also list the Town of Irmo as ADDITIONAL INSURED on their insurance policy. Applicant must provide proof of the following coverage: $500,000 personal injury and general comprehensive liability with minimum limits of $500,000 combined single limit coverage for both bodily injury and property damage; General comprehensive liability to specifically include Products and Completed Operations Hazard coverage and Contractual
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION, PHOTO (if applicable) AND APPROPRIATE FEES. THE OKRA STRUT COMMISSION RETAINS THE RIGHT TO DENY PARTICIPATION OF ANY VENDOR WHOSE SALES ITEMS DO NOT COMPLY WITH FESTIVAL CRITERIA, PHILOSOPHY OR THE LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA AND RICHLAND COUNTY OR IRMO TOWN ORDINANCES.
Looking for some family fun for to end your summer? Planning your summer vacation? The Irmo Okra Strut is the best festival in the Southern US, offering family fun with activities and events for all ages. Beer, Food, Music, Sweets and Carnival Rides makes the Irmo Okra Strut a great highlight in a family road trip. Plan your trip today!